Wow! It has been a busy summer. Mom and dad bought me a new place to call home. It is still located in Steveston, just few minutes from where we used to live.
Dad had a heck of a time getting his Japanese maple tree out of the condo. I look pretty small beside it.
Our new place is a half duplex with three bedrooms, a downstairs family room, space for dad to build a renter suite and best of all a backyard to run around in. Mom and dad, with the help of some of you, spent the past couple months renovating. I now have new harwood floors scratch, new kitchen cabinets to dent, new paint to mark up and a new bathroom to muck about in. I have a lot of fun running around and pulling all my toys out of my room. Dad says he is going to finish the family room for me next. It will have carpet so we can roll around together on it.
I also had my first birthday! About 40 friends of mine and mom and dads came out to celebrate in the backyard. I even had a cake with a candle. I got lots of gifts and had so much fun with my friends.
In the summer we also went to Hornby Island with Aunt Ceri, Uncle Calvin, and cousing Annabelle and Luke. We went to the beach, a winery, and this outdoor pizza place. Grandpa Logan even came and visited. I got to sleep in a tent for the first time. It was so much fun. After that I spent the weekend at Grandpa & Grandma McLeod's and chased Peter the rabbit around the yard.
Summer has now come to an end and mom and dad are back at work. That means that I get to go to daycare. I have some new friends there and we play outside alot. Luckily, mom has Fridays off so we get a long weekend every weekend!
Hopefully I can get dad to update this a bit more frequently in the months to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment